Next Star Event
Our June 2018 event needs a clear head and a sharp brain.
All our members have both, naturally, so get (code) cracking
and enjoy the flight.Here is the Briefing.
Latest Star Event
Our May 2018 event took us on an exploration of the country
north and east of our new Club Base at Sherburn-in-Elmet. Here
is the Briefing.
The original 93 UK Farms Strips developed by Gerry Winskill, and the 10 developed by Pete Chapman, have been re-organised. The Farm Strips page gives the complete itinerary in groups, starting from Gloucestershire, and finishing eventually at Biggin Hill. A more formal start was made in January 2015. Usually two groups were assigned each month. Monthly assignments were shown on the Locations page, and details were discussed in the forum. Whilst that cycle has been completed, it is still possible to make your way round the planned route.
Club activities are discussed in the forum, which is open to club members only. These include a number of informal club events each of which is organised by an individual member or a small group of members. Some are short lived, but others turn into long running group activities. The more structured or recently active informal events are listed here with links to relevant forum topics for club members.
- A regular Monday evening surgery. Run by Mel Kirk to help beginners.
Don Johnson and Friends
- Regular Tuesday evening group flights around Gloucestershire airfield.
- A trip around Europe, or foreign fields with flights on Wednesday evenings.
Friday Group Flight (FriesenFlieger + cix)
- A Friday evening meeting with our German Friends.
Pan American Highway
- A trip from Alaska in the north to Argentina in the south.
US State Capitals Tour
- A trip around USA visiting all the State capitals.
If you have an idea for an event, why not email the Events Manager to discuss it?